To quote the great Bob Dylan, it really does seem ‘the times they are a-changing’ for the Australian wealth management industry.
A challenging investment and business climate, building competitive pressure, consolidation, unprecedented scrutiny of performance and fees, increasing regulatory requirements, and a shifting distribution landscape. The need for asset managers and super funds to put their best foot forward is greater than ever; while co-operating where it benefits the industry and its customers.
Set against this backdrop, the sixth Fund Summit hosted by Fund Business convenes in Melbourne on October 29, gathering senior executives from across the industry to discuss the key issues and how to position their businesses for the future.
From broader industry drivers to product strategy and distribution; enhancing investment analytics to governance and operational risk; regulatory compliance and managing outsourcing – the day features an extensively-researched agenda, delivered by a line-up of leading industry figures.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Helen Rowell, Deputy Chair, APRA
- Debby Blakey, CEO, HESTA
- Brett Himbury, CEO, IFM Investors
- David Braga, CEO, BNP Paribas Securities Services AU/NZ
- Rob Scott, COO, Colonial First State Global Asset Management
- Suzanne Smith, GM – Specialised Institutions, APRA
- Rosalind McKay, Head of Responsible Investment, Cbus
- Anna Leibel, Chief Information Officer, UniSuper
- Michael McGavigan, Head of Investment Shared Services APAC, Vanguard Investments, and
- Jim Boynton, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons.
Delegates will have a useful opportunity to examine issues impacting their organisations now and going forward, discuss best practice, exchange ideas and interact with senior peers in an intimate setting, according to Fund Business’ principal Laurence Jarvis. Tickets are available via the Fund Business website, with early-bird pricing on offer until September 30.