The most reoccurring question we receive from our clients is how to grow their following on LinkedIn. They either don’t know where to start or need recommendations on how to get more followers, and we tell them all the same thing…Read on!
There are many ways to strategically grow a company’s LinkedIn followers, including actively posting, posting cut-through content, and engaging with other businesses.
These are all effective ways to grow your audience, and we will go into more detail on these another time, in another article. But today we’re talking about ONE simple and easy thing you can do to grow your page monthly.
Now back to it – Invite, invite, invite!
It’s not widely known that LinkedIn provides company pages with 100 credits per month. As a page admin, you are entitled to invite 100 of your personal connections to follow a company page. One thing to note, if you have multiple page admins, you still only receive 100-page credits between the whole company.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Spread your credits between a few team members that have a significant number of connections and get them to invite their own connections.
- Ask the main representative of the company, such as the CEO, to invite 100 of their own connections.
It’s important to note that inviting a connection to follow your company page, it doesn’t guarantee they will accept that invite. A strong recommendation is to only invite people that you are certain will ENGAGE with your page. There is no point using up your credits over someone who might not accept your invite OR accept your invite but never engage with your posts, this won’t help your LinkedIn strategy or build engagement.
So, it’s important to make a conscious effort to invite people who are your target audience, who will find your content engaging and helpful, and who might benefit from your products or services.
A few inside tips about the credits:
- The credits do not roll over to the next month, so if you don’t invite 100 people in one month, they won’t be added to your tally in the next. You lose them and start on 100 at the start of the month.
- If someone accepts your invite, your company then receives the credit back. So, if all 100 people accept your invitation, you receive 100 in return – Woohoo!
- When inviting, you can specify the type of people you’d like to choose such as name, location, current company, industry, or school.
This feature is a great and simple way to increase your followers at a more rapid pace, why wait for them to come to you when you can go to them. It takes 10 minutes out of your day and helps your company’s growth. A win, win!
To discuss this feature of managing a company LinkedIn page, contact Kristen Assaad, Social Media Manager at Shed Connect by emailing Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org.